Posted by Jason Eatock - May 24, 2021 | Contact Author
How to Convert Blu-rays to Digital Files with High Quality
Turning physical Blu-ray disc into digital files can give a Blu-ray a second life. If you don't want to leave your Blu-rays idle to gather dust and become obsolete and would like to prolong Blu-ray lifespan, it's time to throw the physical discs away and embrace the digital trend. After you convert your Blu-ray collection to digital files like MP4, H.264, HEVC, video, you can:
● Freely watch Blu-ray movies on iPhone, Android, PC/Mac, or upload digital Blu-ray copies to web or cloud services.
● Easily manage and access the MP4, MKV, movie videos on the hard drive anytime and anywhere without the hassle to bring piles of discs or disk drives.
● Get rid of Blu-ray won't play on PC problem due to faulty media player, different regions, wrong connection, TV settings, etc.
● Save a digital copy in case the discs are damaged or the disc drives are gone...
So, why not convert Blu-rays to digital to free your movie library from physical discs? In this article, we'll introduce the best Blu-ray to digital converter that offers no quality loss & high compatibility with NAS, Plex, TV, hard drive, mobiles, etc.
Table of Content:
What You Need to Convert Blu-ray to Digital Files
● Your Blu-ray discs.
● A Blu-ray disc drive. If your computer came with any disc drive at all, it was probably a DVD drive. However, you'll need a Blu-Ray reader in order to rip your Blu-Ray discs (obviously). An external good Blu-ray drive can be purchased for as little as $25. (Note: If you want to rip 4K UHD Blu-rays, you'll need to get a 4K Blu-ray drive.)
● A program to decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray to digital files.
DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper is top recommended for backing up, rip and digtizing Blu-ray collection. This tool is powerful enough to free movies from physical discs to digital video formats for easier playback on mobiles, Plex, NAS, Xbox, computer, hard drive, etc. Turn all new & old Blu-rays, protected/region-coded Blu-ray/DVD discs and family discs to digital.
Why Choose DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper for Digitizing your Blu-ray Collection?
There are many programs out there that claim to turn Blu-ray into digital copies. DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper earns its award as the best Blu-ray to digital converter due to its rich features and solid functions, while an ultimate fast speed on Blu-ray yet DVD ripping and decoding making it be highly praised by users and editors. It's available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. And it has a Mac version compatible with macOS Big Sur and lower. Its features include but are not limited to:
● Convert Blu-ray/DVD disc to any digital formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, HEVC, etc. with excellent video quality.
● Rip a full Blu-ray or DVD to lossless MKV file with full subtitles, audio tracks, native resolutions within 5 minutes.
● Digitize Blu-ray discs for NAS, Plex, TV, phones, tablets, hard drive, PC/Mac, YouTube, iTunes, cloud, etc. with high quality & small size.
● Remove ads/trailers, select subtitles/languages, improve quality, adjust settings (resolution, frame rate, 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio, etc.)
● Convert Blu-rays protected by all region codes (ABC), AACS encryption, BD+ and MKB. Decrypt DVDs with CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney X-project DRM and so on.
● Finish conversion at fast speed, owing to the support for the world's most advanced Intel QSV, MMX-SSE, Nvidia CUDA/NVENC, Hyper-threading and AMD 3DNow! Tech.
After downloading and installing the Blu-ray ripper, just follow the steps below to convert Blu-ray to digital formats. Here we take the Windows version for an example. The Mac version shares the same process.
How to Convert Blu-ray to Digital Files Fast Within Clicks
Step 1. Open up DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper and add Blu-ray content.
Insert your Blu-ray discs into your BD dirve and then launch DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper. Click "Load disc" button to load the source Blu-ray movie.
Step 2. Set the output digital video file format.
In the pop-up output profile window, you can see all popular formats devices divided into various categories.
Which is the best format for Blu-ray disc to digital?
● To save a digital copy of Blu-rays on the computer, you can backup Blu-ray disc to MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV (Windows 10 already supported);
● To play Blu-ray movie on Apple TV/iPhone/iPad/Mac and other Apple devices, choose to digitize Blu-ray to MP4, MOV, M4V;
● To watch Blu-rays on Android/Xbox/PS4, convert Blu-ray to MP4, H.264, 3GP, WebM, MKV;
● To copy Blu-ray to hard drive or storage medium with all intact Blu-ray videos/audios/subtitles, copy Blu-ray to MKV, BDMV folder or a single M2TS file.
The most commonly-used Blu-ray movie digital format is MP4, owing to its wide compatibility, good compression and excellent quality. So here we take Blu-ray to MP4 as an example. Click "Format" bar and move mouse cursor to "Common Video" category, then select one of the H.264 MP4 profiles as the output format.
Step 3. Start the Blu-ray disc to digital conversion.
Click "Browse" to set a folder to store the converted files from DVD, and then hit "Convert" button to begin converting Blu-ray to MP4 digital copy.
Before creating a digital copy of Blu-ray movie, you can click the "Settings" icon to adjust the video/audio settings, for instance, adjust output file bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, sample rate, etc.. You can also click "Edit" to add subtitles, adjust the volume, crop & expand the video to remove black bars, trim the video to rip episode from Blu-ray if the TV series are combined into a single file.